A well-established Organisation in Muldersdrift is seeking a Safety Officer to join their team. Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATLEY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO START IMMEDIATELY
To apply for this position kindly e-mail your updated CV in MS Word format to email@example.com, and indicate the Position name in the Subject Line
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12/ Matric Certificate
- Have a National Diploma in Safety, Health Environment (Will be an advantage)
- SAMTRAC FOR MINING or Equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ Experience as a Safety Officer quarry or open cast mining environment
- Have Formal Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Training Course Certificate.
- COMSOC 1&2 (Will be an advantage)
- Sound experience in accident / incident investigations
- Must be computer literate in MS Office & PowerPoint
- Valid drivers license & own vehicle
- Must have experience with DMR.
- Assist quarry Managers to manage and coordinate the operations Safety, Health and Environmental Program.
- Assist quarry managers to identify HER training and staff development issues related to the operation.
- Assist quarry managers to intercede with government departments (DMR) to ensure that the operation has full legal compliance.
- Assist quarry manager to coordinate and run the ISO 14000 & OSHAS 18001Programme.
Salary is negotiable
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful