Our client in the Food Service industry is seeking the expertise of a Stock Controller to join their team in Cape Town. Salary will be discussed in interview.
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
To apply for this position kindly e-mail your updated CV in MS Word format to email@example.com, and indicate the Position name in the Subject Line
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Stock Controller
- A qualification in Stock Controlling or similar will be an advantage
- Have experience with warehouse management programs such as Cquential
- Be computer literate in MS Office
- Be bilingual in MS Office
- Ability to show initiative & work part of a team
Key Performance Areas:
- Make sure that cycle stock takes are created and completed as set out in the KPIs of the business.
- Make sure that all exception stock takes are handled with the appropriate sense of urgency and that they are completed and authorized within the desired time frame.
- To make sure that the fixed locations contain the correct products.
- To make sure that all products in the warehouse in pick face locations have expiry dates that are within the allowance.
- To make sure that all stock is moving according to the FIFO stock method.
- To ensure that expiry reports are being pulled and that the expired stock is being handled appropriately.
- To ensure that the stock close to expiry is being send out to avoid expiry in the warehouse.
- To make sure that there are no ageing stock takes on the “Release & WIP” screen.
- To make sure that there are no ageing stock takes on the “Authorise” screen and that large differences are investigated by management before accepting the counts.
- To ensure that all the maintenance screens (Put Away Maintenance) in the inbound function are maintained and up to date daily.
- To ensure that all the maintenance screens (Order Planning, Build Load, Load Planning, Picking Progress, Picking Job Query and WIP Screen) in the inbound function are maintained and up to date daily.
- To ensure all products are maintained in the correct areas.
- To ensure all fixed products are maintained in the correct locations.
- To make sure that all relevant reports for the inventory function is being extracted and sent to the relevant management.
- To make sure that all relevant reports for the inbound function is being extracted and sent to the relevant management.
- To make sure that all relevant reports for the outbound function is being extracted and sent to the relevant management.
- To make sure that all items as set out in the job description for inbound and outbound is being fulfilled by the responsible individuals.
Salary will be discussed in interview
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful