A well-established organization in Cape Town is seeking a Sales Representative to join their team. Salary is to be discussed in interview.
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
To apply for this position kindly e-mail your updated CV in MS Word format to email@example.com, and indicate the Position name in the Subject Line
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience as a Sales Representative or a similar role
- Tertiary qualification in Sales/Marketing will be an advantage
- Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quota
- Have a matric certificate
- Valid drivers license & own vehicle
- Be bilingual in English & Afrikaans
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Outgoing and not afraid of putting yourself out there
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to resolve and address issues
Key Performance Areas:
- Promote sales and secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach
- Demonstrates products to existing and potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Makes telephone calls, in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential
- Develop clear and effective written quotations for current and prospective customers
- Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales, account receipts and logistics
- Analyze the territory’s potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the company
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the GP for the Product Department and Rep Code Area
- Customer Service
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned Rep Code Area to generate new business for products
- Attend to and expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints
- Reporting & Counting
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services
- Product Knowledge and Further Development
- Participate in trade shows and conventions
- Keep up-to-date with new products, market conditions, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of relevant literature and consulting with the marketing department
- Identify advantages and compare organization’s products
- Support department managers and co employees.
- Actively participate as a member of the team
- Performing any other task, not specified herein, which from time to time may be assigned by the manager.
- Housekeeping and Safety Standards
- Ensure that cleaning and housekeeping standards on equipment and work areas are maintained according to laid down standards and norms.
- Ensure Personal hygiene standards are maintained
- Take reasonable care for own health and safety as well as the health and safety of others
- Ware the correct PPE in accordance with the company policy and procedures
- No interference or abuse of any health, safety and environmental welfare equipment.
- Be actively involved in the OHS System, partake in OHS activities as and when directed
Salary to be discussed in interview
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful