A well-established organization in Brits is seeking a Retail Manager to join their team. Salary is to be discussed in interview.
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
To apply for this position kindly e-mail your updated CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the Position name in the Subject Line
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Retail Manager
- Have a matric certificate
- Degree or Diploma in Retail Management or equivalent will be an advantage
- Have a valid drivers’ license & own vehicle
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Be computer literate in MS Office (level 2)
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure stock is received correctly according to blind check receiving method
- Oversee receiving area for stock counts, expiry dates and condition of stock.
- Refer any differences / discrepancies to Assistant Manager
- Cash Handling
- Manage and control floats
- Oversee cashiers and cash handling protocol
- Ensure Cash-up documentation is managed procedurally
- Petty cash
- Perform random audits
- Stock Control
- Damages to be minimised and stock losses to be less than 0,3% of turnover
- Daily stock rotation
- Daily stock counts, as per schedule, from Stock Office must be correctly counted and reported.
- Short, dated stock to be reported daily
- Arrange stock take preparations are done and manage process
- Open and close shop
- Complete daily managers check sheet
- Ensure that the alarms, cameras and all security systems are in working order, maintained and tested regularly
- Ensure shop locks, roller doors and any other equipment are maintained.
- Manage the outsourced security guards to ensure adherence to all policies and procedures.
- General security awareness and accountability as senior on site
- People Management
- Plan annual and interim labour requirements according to specific volumes and retail requirements
- Ensure all staff and support people are well-versed in local hygiene requirements and explain to them the importance of why and how quality standards are to be assured
- Equip staff with the required tests and equipment to assure product standards are upheld
- Ensure staff is well versed in the requirements relating to stock rotation and shelf displays.
- Identify staff development needs and develop them accordingly
- Evaluate staff performance and provide feedback and coaching as required
- Customer Satisfaction
- Establish and maintain good relationships with customers so that they feel they receive good value at all times
- Proactively identify and resolve obstacles to customer service delivery in a timeous manner, implementing contingency plans when required
- Ensure that Policies and Procedures are followed, and amended to support an ever-changing environment
- Ensure that correct processes are followed when dealing with IR issues
- Arrange any staff rotation between branches
- Management of casual staff
- Ensure correct freezer temperatures
- General Maintenance
- General day to day duties and ad hoc projects
- Reporting & Finance
- Record and report key performance indicators on a weekly and monthly basis
- Management Accounts
- Attend and actively participate in Monday morning meetings
- Support department managers and co employees.
- Actively participate as a member of the team
- Performing any other task, not specified herein, which from time to time may be assigned by the manager.
Salary to be discussed in interview
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful