A well-established organisation in Bloemfontein is seeking a Red Meat Production Manager to join their team. Salary is market related
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
To apply for this position kindly e-mail your updated CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the Position name in the Subject Line
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in Butchery & Production within the retail environment
- Have previous experience in a processing plant
- A Tertiary Qualification in Butchery will be an advantage
- Have excellent communication, problem-solving & interpersonal skills
- Have knowledge of the OSHA Act
- Have a valid Matric Certificate
- Be accurate & have attention to detail
- Be customer orientated & assertive
- Be bilingual
Key Performance Areas:
- Estimate requirements and order meat supplies, negotiate with representatives from supply companies to determine order details.
- Receive, inspect, record and store meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality and safety
- Wrap, weigh, label, and price cuts of meat
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, so they will appear attractive and catch the shopper’s eye.
- Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers
- Supervise other butchers or meat cutters and schedule work activities, rotes and holidays in consultation with management, ensuring butchery opening times are maintained and fully staffed. Also offer on-the-job training and coaching to junior butchers and motivate and develop your team including setting objectives & strategies.
- Add up sales, and on occasion, collect money from customers.
- Ensure that all food hygiene and safety standards are met and keep up to date with industry standards
- In consultation with senior management from time to time as agreed and appropriate run special offers, customer loyalty schemes and similar.
- Inspect equipment regularly to ensure it is in good working order and safe to use
Salary is market related
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful