A well-established organization in Kempton Park is seeking a Junior Buyer to join their team. Salary is to be discussed in the interview.
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
To apply for this position kindly e-mail your updated CV in MS Word format to email@example.com, and indicate the Position name in the Subject Line
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with Procurement/ Junior Buyer
- Experience with Logistical & Export Procedures
- Good Administration & Organizational skills
- Must have a Matric Certificate
- National Diploma in Supply Chain Management will be an advantage
- Computer literate with the entire MS Office Suite
- Excellent Interpersonal & Negotiation skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Being bilingual in English & Portuguese will be an advantage
- Willing to travel aboard & to neighbouring countries such as Mozambique
- Willing to work overtime & weekends if needed
Key Performance Areas:
- Optimization of Supplier Relationships
- Ensuring products are bought and negotiated at market related prices or less.
- Negotiating trading terms with suppliers to achieve maximum payment terms, rebates and marketing support.
- Forecasting, management of stock and purchasing thereof.
- Checking of GRN’s and invoicing after receipt of deliveries.
- Planning deliveries with suppliers and warehouse/receiving.
- Experience of problem solving; investigating and resolving queries promptly and effectively.
- Market surveys to be conducted to check competitiveness of product range.
- Sourcing of new suppliers and products on a regular basis to keep up with demand and trends.
- Setting up meetings with suppliers regularly to negotiate deals.
- Ensuring pricing master is up to date and communicated with management if any price changes take place.
- Retrieve reports from operating system and generate monthly reports to measure trends and manage stock levels.
- Retrieve reports from operating system and generate monthly reports for management.
- Administration must be maintained.
- Numerical and analytical skills.
- Placing of purchase orders and expediting them timeously.
- Articulate with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels is essential.
- Demonstrates strong organisational skills including an ability to prioritise effectively, deliver high quality work and adhere to stringent deadlines.
Salary to be discussed in interview
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful