A well-established Organisation in Broederstroom, Hartbeespoort, is seeking a Health & Safety Officer to join their team. Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATLEY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO START IMMEDIATELY
To apply for this position kindly e-mail your updated CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the Position name in the Subject Line
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12/ Matric Certificate
- Have a National Diploma in Safety, Health Environment (Will be an advantage)
- SAMTRAC or Equivalent.
- Experience in pressure vessels
- Minimum 3 years’ Experience as a Safety Officer
- Have Formal Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Training Course Certificate.
- Sound experience in accident / incident investigations
- Must be computer literate in MS Office & PowerPoint
- Valid drivers license & own vehicle
- Must have own laptop
- Candidate must reside in or around Broederstroom area
- Assist the company’s HR Managers to manage and coordinate the operations Safety, Health and Environmental Program.
- Daily & Monthly Checklists
- Daily toolbox talks
- Daily site inspections
- Continuous risk assessments
- Reporting of any deviations
- Monthly Reports
- Safety Committee meetings
- Recording of incidents and accidents
- Preparation of health and safety strategies
- Managing and organizing the safe disposal of hazardous substances
- Issuing of PPE
- Issuing of non-conformances
- Upkeep of Health & Safety files
- Induction training on new workers & visitors
Salary is negotiable
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful