A well-established organisation in Hammarsdale is seeking a Health and Safety Manager to join their team. Salary is to be discussed in interview. Closing date is 25th September
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
To apply for this position kindly e-mail your updated CV in MS Word format to email@example.com, and indicate the Position name in the Subject Line
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have a minimum of 3-5 Years Safety experience within the Chemical Manufacturing Industry
- Have previous experience in Occupational Safety & Environmental background
- Must have a SAMTRAC, NEBOSH, HIRA & Incident Investigation Certificate
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry/Engineering would be an advantage
- Have advanced knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 1400 & ISO 45001
- Have knowledge of Chemistry and Engineering
- Excellent knowledge in corporate governance requirements and South African Legal Requirements
- Ability to communicate with all staff and support the SHERQ Manager in Driving Safety Campaigns as well as Training
- Have advanced knowledge of SHE Fundamentals as well as relevant policies and procedures
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage and improve the risk management process to ensure effective mitigation of risks through participation and providing guidance for Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA), Management of Change (MOC), Incident and Accidents and HAZOPS.
- Coordinate and improve the health, safety, and environmental programs to ensure a safe and environmentally sound operations including conducting safety training and compiling contractor safety files as per customer requirements and involvement in emergency drills.
- Ensure compliance to corporate requirements, policies and procedures pertaining to ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and Responsible Care and other subscribed requirements.
- Manage/conducting internal and external audits aligned to Corporate and Legal requirements.
- Compile and conduct training related to SHERQ.
- Participate in global SHERQ initiatives.
- Management of the BBS and near miss process and development of training material.
- Manage the Field SHE Co-Ordinators
- Reports to the SHERQ Manager.
Salary to be discussed in interview
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful