A well-established organisation in Cape Town is seeking a GRV Clerk to join their team. Salary is to be discussed in interview
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
To apply for this position kindly e-mail your updated CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the Position name in the Subject Line
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have previous experience in a clerical or accounting environment is advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills
- Have a valid matric certificate
- Strong mathematical knowledge
- Own vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Be computer literate in MS Office
- Be Bilingual
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensuring all stock received is captured onto the system.
- Specific attention on ensuring that the unit of measure (UOM), size and supplier codes matches the purchase order.
- Ensuring all claims and, price claims are calculated correctly and submitted to the correct person for processing.
- Ensure that the correct amount, including discounts is reflected on both the invoice and, GRV and this corresponds with the PO.
- Occasionally assist warehouse team to receive stock received from suppliers.
- Assist and ensure stock clerks sign GRV slips and allocate stock if unallocated.
- Assist the Senior Stock Controller to sort out stock issues as and when required
- Collaborate with procurement staff to list expected deliveries
- Unload stock on the system from incoming trucks
- Verify stock according to order and invoices (quantity, quality, price etc.)
- Contact supplier or stock if a mistake is identified
- Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory stock or receiving replacements
- Ensure invoices are signed and paid for satisfactory deliveries
- Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
Salary to be discussed in interview
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful