A well-established organization in Cape Town is seeking a General Manager to join their team. Salary negotiable depending on experience & qualifications.
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
To apply for this position kindly e-mail your updated CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the Position name in the Subject Line
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a General Manager in a retail environment
- Degree in Business Management or Master’s in Business Administration
- Excellent knowledge of different business functions
- Excellent communications & interpersonal skills
- Must have a Matric Certificate
- Be customer orientated, assertive & good decision-making skills
- Accurate and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Be computer literate in MS Office
Key Performance Areas:
- Overseeing daily business operations.
- Developing and implementing growth strategies.
- Training low-level managers and staff.
- Creating and managing budgets.
- Improving revenue.
- Evaluating performance and productivity.
- Analyzing accounting and financial data.
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities.
- Generating reports and giving presentations.
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures availability of Products and services by approving contracts, maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales.
- Markets products by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures products by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Salary is negotiable depending on experience & qualifications
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful