A well-established organization in Bloemfontein is seeking a Company Secretary to join their team. Salary is to be discussed in interview.
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
To apply for this position kindly e-mail your updated CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the Position name in the Subject Line
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the financial environment
- Have a Matric Certificate
- Tertiary qualification will be an advantage
- Strong administration skills
- Ability to use IT software
- Have commercial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal & influencing skills
Key Performance Areas:
- Convening and servicing annual general meetings (AGMs)/meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes, conveying decisions, handling meeting correspondence and so on)
- Providing legal, financial and/or strategic advice during and outside of meetings
- Training directors and members of the senior leadership team on corporate governance matters
- Keeping up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect the organization.
- Ensuring that policies are up to date and are approved.
- Providing support to the board or other committees on specific projects
- In public companies, acting as a point of contact and building good relationships with shareholders.
- Implementing processes or systems to help ensure good management of the organization or compliance with legislation.
- Writing reports
- Collating information.
- Managing offices, buildings, and facilities
- Identifying and monitoring risks to certain business compliance
- Administering share issues and trusts
- Dealing with company/staff insurance policies
- Managing contractual arrangements with suppliers/customers
- Financial administration.
Salary to be discussed in interview
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful