A well-established organization in Hammarsdale, KwaZulu-Natal is seeking a Process Safety Engineer to join their team. Salary is market related
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
To apply for this position kindly e-mail your updated CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the Position name in the Subject Line
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have a minimum of 5 – 10 years’ experience with Process Safety within a chemical manufacturing environment
- Previous working experience within a processing reaction chemistry environment will be preferred
- Have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, process safety, policies, procedures & OHS Act
- Knowledge of DCS Configuration
- Knowledge & understanding of system safety and hazard identification and risk analysis process (HIRA)
- Knowledge of manufacturing plant structures
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing technologies
- Knowledge of engineering and engineering design principles
- Have the Ability to lead projects
Key Performance Areas:
- Project management skills and portfolio management principles
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Maintain and improve process engineering performance.
- Effective management of capex projects.
- Maintain and improve process safety.
- Implement continuous improvement and project management initiatives.
- Maintain and improve SHERQ manufacturing performance.
- Support group level process safety initiatives.
- Manage all process engineering, process safety management and assigned capex projects for the manufacturing facility to ensure statutory, legal, and corporate compliance and ensure products are manufactured to meet corporate and customer requirements
- Innovative and resourceful, able to handle pressure, an assertive problem solver with decision making abilities and a team member who is self-motivated
- Good business acumen and be able to communicate at all levels, be organized and self – disciplined. The career is challenging with great prospects for growth.
Salary is market related
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful