WHM Recruitment Advisors is urgently seeking a IT Developer to join our client based in Pretoria. Salary is market related.
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATLEY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
To apply for this position kindly e-mail your updated CV in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the Position name in the Subject Line
Qualifications and Experience:
- Matric (Grade 12) or equivalent qualification recognized by the Department of Higher Education & Training;
- IT Diploma or degree would be an advantage
- At least 2 – 3 years current experience
- Sound knowledge of the Microsoft SQL database technology and T-SQL
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C# or VB.net will be an advantage
- Ability to analysis a request for change or new development to determine how the existing functionality can be used/enhanced or to develop new functionality to meet the request
- Willing to work overtime
- Perform standby duties
- Must have own and reliable transport
Key Performance Areas:
- Design, develop, test and maintain software solutions to meet the clients’ requirements.
- Assess, develop, upgrade and document procedures for systems, communications environments and application software
- Consulting with Account managers, Executive Head: Innovation, Architecture & Development, Head: Production and fellow colleagues concerning maintenance, enhancements and development of the system
- Consulting with network Administration employees to evaluate interface between hardware and software
- Document, direct software testing and validation of procedures
- Modifying existing software to correct errors to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performances
- Research, analyze and evaluate requirements for software applications and operating systems
- Advise on areas that could be improved on and keep up-to-date with new trends in software development and technologies that can be used to benefit the Company
Salary would be market related
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful