A well-established organisation in Centurion is seeking a Automotive Workshop Manager to join their team. Salary is market related.
Should you apply for this vacancy and your skills and experience DO NOT match the inherent REQUIREMENTS of this position, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE IMMEDIATLEY DELETED. Please ensure that you READ and understand this advertised position BEFORE sending your CV to us, or otherwise you will just be wasting YOUR time and ours.
To apply for this position kindly e-mail your updated CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate the Position name in the Subject Line
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate in the Master Technician qualifying exam in the automotive industry /relevant further training courses or certificates
- 5 Years practical experience in journeywork and across the entire range of products in the automotive industry
- Must have precise knowledge of the entire range of products
- Proficient in MS Office
- Must be fully bilingual
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinate resources (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Assist with quoting and quality checks.
- Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns.
- To carry out Service Advice at the motorcycle together with the customer at the appointed location; fault diagnosis.
- To perform final approval with test drive and check of invoice. Explain invoice when handing over the motorcycle to the customer.
- Assign loans and rental motorcycles to customers.
- To ensure that all customer complaints relevant to the motorcycle and service department are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer.
- To be responsible for the complete and proper execution of repair orders by the technicians in accordance with BMW guidelines and stipulations, including recalls.
- To ensure quality of work through the use of suitable workshop facilities, testing devices and methods.
- To be responsible for the operation and traffic safety of customer vehicles within the framework of the repair work.
- To provide expert support for the technicians in the diagnosis of difficult repairs.
- To organize test drives to ensure correct diagnosis by a Service technician.
- To ensure efficient information flow for all productive staff.
- To organize parts supply for technicians.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness in the workshop area.
- To ensure that waste disposal is done according to Environmental requirements namely oil and waste water.
- To check the quality and punctuality of all repair and maintenance work ordered from external service providers.
- To organize order management according to technician qualifications in co-ordination with the Service Advisor.
- To co-ordinate information with time scheduling / Service Advisors in the event of order extension / delays; to obtain feedback regarding utilization rate.
- To plan and implement training measures for technicians, apprentices and commercial trainees.
- To manage, instruct and motivate staff members within the workshop.
- To implement regular internal quality measures.
- To ensure that all legislative requirements are met and maintained relevant to the Factories Act, the Environmental Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Promote a Health & Safety culture within the business.
- To be responsible for the planning and implementation of personnel requirements in the Workshop.
- Ad Hoc duties as determined by the Company.
- Continuous training and improvement in knowledge and skills.
- Achieve workshop proficiency and efficiency targets.
Salary is market related
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful